SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Pass along note from Memo

FlowerLady6
15 years ago

Hi everyone ~ It is a gorgeous day here in sunny s.e. FL. This is the type of weather we wait for all year.

Yesterday I visited Memo's Blog, then sent her an email and she said I could post her response along to all of you here.

I miss her uplifting posts and hearing about her life with the Rancher. If you would, keep her in your thoughts and prayers, I'm sure she would appreciate them all.

On her blog she had written about a little calf that got stuck in the snowstorm.

The little calf died before sunset that same evening and the snow didn't come the way the weather man said it would. We were happy to have a little reprieve from the white stuff. We just weren't ready for it yet.

I"m still battling with my health and back problems. All but four of my vertebrae are involved now, much of it is destruction caused by arthritis but I also have spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, spondylosis and degenerated facett joints, bulging disks and a number of other things. I'm pleased that I am still able to walk most of the time. I try not to think about what the future is going to be like for me and just try to concentrate on today. I still stop by the "Cottage" as often as I can but it is difficult for me to type, as well as having developed a cognitive disorder (due to medications??), that has stolen my memory. So, darn it, I can't remember the names of the plants anymore. I still enjoy the beauty of them and really enjoy the photo site all the more.

My flower garden was eaten down to nubs a few weeks ago, by our cattle. It will all come back in the spring, I'm sure. I wasn't able to get out there and weed and it looked very poorly anyway. I wasn't able to move the plants to a smaller bed, this fall, as I had planned either. I guess I'll be experiencing the same dilemma next year. I have an aunt who is building new beds at her home in the country, so I've thought of offering all of mine to her. She'll have to come dig them up though.

On the positive side, I've taken up my sewing and quilting again. I'm still very very slow at it but it's something I can work on when I'm feeling well enough. I've gotten a ton of requests for quilts from people and I'm currently making quilts, pillow covers, pj's and other clothing for my grandsons and great grandson. Last night I finished a quilt and two pillow covers. The pillow inserts needed, are odd sizes and I couldn't find any inserts to fit the covers online. I had just about given up when I found an online company that makes custom sized pillows with your choice of stuffing material and choice of covering (ticking). I ordered two, in different sizes, and the cost was only $7.40, um, er, well the shipping $11.84 HA! A couple more things I can check off of my to do list anyway. I was happy, in spite of the postage rate, because I was not relishing the idea of having to MAKE the pillows too.

Deer season opened this weekend so we have all kinds of hunters and neighbors here hunting this weekend. We have the best land for that sort of thing since the Keya Paha River runs through our place. There are 3- 1/2 miles of frontage on each side. and we have around six dams or ponds (whatever you want to call them) on this side of the river alone. Coupled with all of the oak and red cedar trees it gives ample coverage for the deer to live in. A couple of days ago I spotted three deer taking a nap in our back yard. It was the first time I had seen them come that close to the house. One was a baby. So sweet to look upon!

Well, Rainy, I best get away from this computer and get on with my day. Dishes, laundry, vacumning. You know, all those things that keep you from doing what you really WANT TO DO everyday. LOL! Feel free to post this note at the "Cottage", if you'd like to, it'll saving me from anymore typing.

Have a great week,

Hugs

Rose

Comments (8)

Sponsored