SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Sharing recipes....

...or what to do with leftovers.

Tonight we're having shake and bake chicken and steamed basmati rice with curry sauce. This curry sauce has a sweet taste, the original recipe calls for butter, table cream and chicken broth, also sliced mushrooms, and diced apple. I have altered it quite a bit. I don't add the sliced mushrooms because you can't taste them. This sauce recipe should serve four. These measurements are all approximate, alter to your own tastes.

In a saucepan saute 1/2 a large chopped onion in 3 tbsp. of margarine till soft, add to this 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1 tbsp. curry powder (I use Sharwood's hot) and 3 tbsp. of flour. Take the pot off the heat while adding these, less chance of it sticking, to this mixture add 2 small cups from a six pack of Mott's original applesauce, add 3/4 cup of 1% milk and 3/4 cup of water. Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot, turn the heat down and simmer for 1 hour or so.

We ladle this sauce over steamed rice and have the chicken on the side but one could add chicken right to the sauce if preferred that way.

Can I talk anyone else in sharing one of their favorite recipes or a neat idea for leftovers.

Annette

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living