SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plantlady2

Some Dahlia Pictures to Forget Winter!

plantlady2
17 years ago

OK, I'm really sick of winter & was watching my screen saver pictures go by today (hey, what else are ya gonna do in Jan when you're up to your knees in white stuff & you don't ski??!!) & I thought I'd share some of the pictures with fellow dahlia lovers.

The first one is Wyn's Eeekk!!- He's soooo weird that everyone just loves him- he has a BIG fan club out there!

{{gwi:632838}}

This one is Wyn's Dream Weaver. It's an AA semi-cactus - I like the color & I don't even like orange!

{{gwi:632840}}

Wyn's Sunny Mirage will cheer up any dull winter's day. It's a B size- 6-8".

{{gwi:632841}}

This is Wyn's Fiesta- a BB- cute little guy-- has a form similar to the Kiwi dahlias.

{{gwi:632842}}

This A sized one is called Wyn's Dapper Dad- & if you could have seen my dad in his Christmas outfit of red blazer & vest & the red plaid slacks with the Olympic rings on them, you'd know why everyone called him "Dapper"!

{{gwi:632843}}

We were really excited about this new one last year when it won best triple in show at the Fraser Valley Federation show in Canada. We entered it in 7 trial gardens where it scored the highest overall average for an A or AA dahlia & won us the Derrill Hart Medal! WOW- we were really surprised & thrilled!

{{gwi:632844}}

How did I end up with so much orange in the garden? I guess because they're out in the big garden that I can't see from the house! Here's another deep orange one called Wyn's Safari Sunset. It's a big AA.

{{gwi:632848}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida