SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Please help!! What would you do to protect citrus?

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

What would you do? I am confident that my plants are pretty much bug free, except of course I was concerned about the soil and what lies beneath!!lol

I am ready to bring them in....But I am not sure if it is a good idea to put my 2 gardenia trees into my plant room with all my other plants and citrus trees,all 30 or more clean plants, although they look pest free to. I have told they are spidermite magnets no matter how clean they are when winter comes!! For some reason, no matter how hard you try, the mite are prone to these trees. Is that so?

I have been told that spidermites can show up anytime any where no matter how clean your plants are right? Especially on gardenias. I never seem to have problems with my other plants having spidermites all winter, unless they are brought in from another host plant I bought in winter at some greenhouse. So I am staying away from nurseries.

Yet last year, I had a gardenia plant at work that was loaded with mites. I could never get rid of them.

I have 2 brand new ones I have been growing all summer. and they are so healthy!!

So if you were me, would you put your gardenias in a seperate room all winter,lets say under lights in a basement, since I have no other sunny windows, and since gardenias are spidermite magnets.

Or would you not worry, and grow them in the same room as all your other plants?

Simply put......keep gardenias away from my plant room, or mix them in and hope they don't get mites?

Please help me........

Hope you get this. Just in case, I am going to post this question if you don't see it. Thanks

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!