SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fundybayfarm

Too rural, maybe....

Fundybayfarm
18 years ago

I'm feeling a little discouraged at the moment, and thought what better place to unload than amoung flower friends. I took several bouquets of my tulips around town to different businesses last week, got lots of oooohs and awwhhs, but no subscriptions. The places loved the flowers, and my cards were taken, but that's about the extent of it. I tried 2 B&B's, a bank, doctors office, dentist, restaurant, and a nice gift shop with local crafts and pottery. My timing might be off a bit since the tourist season hasn't really taken off yet, and our weather has absolutely stunk! Cold and rain. Plus, the paper keeps painting a pretty gloomy picture for the tourist trade this year, due to several factors. Then I even had money stollen at my stand at the house, not much, but still a little disheartening. (I now have a locked cash box, bolted down) I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, it's only my second year, and just the very beginning of the season, but I may have to re-think this subscription thing, and figure out where else to sell my flowers. I'm going to hang in there, and I still have my gardening business to pay for the cut flower investment, so that's good. But, hearing some, "It will get better stories" would be really good right about now.

Cheryl

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES