SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning all! Today we are having rain. We had rain all day and night yesterday. We had rain on Thursday for the whole day, too. I am soooo happy! I just wish it had been spread out through July, August, and September. Not that I am complaining, mind you. I will take it now with pleasure!

Today's trivia is interesting, I think, but I am having a difficult time thinking of good clues. Nonetheless, onward! Color photography was developed first by using a three-color prescription from an idea proffered by James Clark Maxwell. Thomas Sutton took the first picture using that idea ("From his studies of color vision, Maxwell wrongly determined that any hue could be made by mixing only three pure colors of light - red, green and blue - in proportions that would stimulate the three types of cells to the same degrees that the "real" colors did. However, despite the imperfection of his theory, millions of colors can be visualized by this model. To emphasize that each type of cell by itself did not actually see color but was simply more or less stimulated, he drew an analogy to black-and-white photography: if three colorless photographs of the same scene were taken through red, green and blue filters, and transparencies ("slides") made from them were projected through the same filters and superimposed on a screen, the result would be an image reproducing not only red, green and blue, but all of the colors in the original scene."). What object did Sutton photograph?

I will be back with clues. Off to think up more than the one I finally thought up. ;)

Cynthia

Comments (18)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES