SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning dear cottagers! Brrr. It is cold here this morning. I have feed the birds, filled the outside water dishes for the pups (the Wild One is due any minute now), put out the canned goods for the Boy Scouts, and am now sitting down with my first cup of tea to chat with all of you. Perfect start to the weekend.

Monday marks the anniversary of the cessation of fighting in World War I. It is Remembrance Day for our northern neighbors and Veterans Day here in the States. So today, we have a variety of questions to keep you thinking. I suspect you may know many of these, but I hope not all.

1. In the U.S., November 11 was originally called Armistice Day. Under which president was the name of the holiday changed to Veterans Day?

2. In the US, what business is the largest employer of vets with 22% of its employees being veterans?

3. Matching name to military service:

Many celebrities have served. Here are some names and experiences. Can you match the right ones?

1. Kris Kristofferson
2. Drew Carey
3. Tony Bennett
4. James Earl Jones
5. Mel Brooks
6. Alan Alda
7. Bill Cosby
8. MC Hammer
9. Montel Williams

1. Julia Child
  2. Steve McQueen

A. Joined the Navy in 1956 and served as a hospital corpsman working with Korean War vets
B. Trained to be a US Army Ranger, but washed out. Did rise to the rank of 1st Lieutenant
C. Served three years in the US Navy in properly fitting pants
D. US Army Reserve-served a six-month tour as a gunnery sergeant in Korea
E. Army captain and helicopter pilot who did complete Ranger training; he was offered a teaching position at West Point, but turned it down
F. Marine. Special Duty Intelligence officer specializing in cryptology
G. US Army corporal fought in the Battle of the Bulge
H. Marine for three years who served more than a month in the brig for going AWOL for two weeks
J. Intelligence officer in the OSS
K. Served in France and Germany with the 63rd Infantry Division known as the "Blood and Fire Division"
L. Served six years in the Marine Corps Reserve

Hope this is fun for you. Off to grab a second cuppa. Will check back later with clues if needed.

Cynthia

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations