SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marksworld

Dwarf Meyers Lemon Tree Needs Help!

marksworld
14 years ago

Greetings,

This is my first time on this forum, and I guess my first real attempt at having plants. So I bought two dwarf meyers lemon trees, with Monrovia tags on them. I live here in Tucson Arizona. I read in several places that these trees require deep watering once or twice a week. What I noticed was the leaves started curling and the soil was getting a little dry. So I called the nursery where I bought them from and they let me know that they were watering the trees once every other day halfway to the top with water.

So I have started doing that, and now several of the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. Also, several of the leaves have brown tips towards the base. I think that was because they were drying out?

Does anyone have any suggestions for my Meyers Lemon Trees? I took some pictures but I dont know how to post them on here. The Lemon Trees are about 3 feet tall, once of them has two lemons on it and they are in plastic pots. They sit outside on my sidewalk, get shade until around noon and then get plenty of Tucson sun. When I water them, they start draining out the bottom almost immediately.

Hope thats enough info!

Thanks,

Mark

Comments (2)