SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwoehl

help with dwarf Meyer lemon tree - indoors

Kim Weaves
6 years ago
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me me better understand my dwarf Meyer lemon tree so that I can provide it with a better life.

I purchased this tree from a local nursery about three weeks ago. Attached you will see it in the original pot when first purchased.
I then repotted the tree with the recommended well draining citrus specific soil in a pot with proper drainage. The tree seems to be happy- it has grown significantly over the past few weeks and a ton of little clusters have formed.

Here are some specific things I'm curious about-
1) As you can see in the pictures, my tree has two main branches coming from the base. One shoots out diagonally from the base and has only a few clusters growing. The other is bushier and growing many clusters. The texture and color of the branches is also different. Is this diagonal branch a sucker branch? Any thoughts on the trunk in general? It just seems different than images I see online. My tree doesn't really have a defined tree trunk.
2)Are the clusters that are forming lemons? If yes, there seems to be so many! Should I prune any?

Any thoughts you share are appreciated!

Comments (3)