SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pudge2b

So, what's everybody doing?

Pudge 2b
17 years ago

I'm probably way behind everyone else, due to my climate, but nonetheless am still busy trying to shuffle seedlings under grow lights in the basement. I was hoping to move the starts into my greenhouse this weekend, but the weather is not cooperating and will have to delay it at least another week. This will also mean delaying more seeding for another week as well.

I spent some time this afternoon transplanting Rudbeckia into 6-cells. This year I'm growing Indian Summer, Prairie Sun, Corona, Chocolate Orange, and Cherokee Sunset. Only a flat or two of each type which should be enough. Prairie Sun and Corona are new for me but I'm sure I'll love them just as much as any other Rudbeckia I've ever grown. Hopefully the customers will, as well.

Snapdragon seedlings are about a month old now and looking really good. Craspedia, Carnations, and Purple Bouquet Dianthus have also been transplanted and appear to be happy. Amaranthus Velvet Curtains germinated with a vengeance and will need transplanting this weekend (I wanted to try and get some early blooms). I see the soil pushing up in the trays of Aster seeds (Tiger Paws and Compliment Mix), so they'll be showing their green in the next couple of days.

So mostly I'm dealing with a space issue - not getting into the greenhouse throws everything off for me but such is the way of life in this neck of the woods. I direct sow very little so lots of seeds need sowing in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else getting things rolling?

Comments (10)

Sponsored