SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

I Need Christmas Fern Help Plz..

daniellalell
16 years ago

Over the summer I bought some ferns, didn't know what they were at the time, but they were so big and lovely I had to get them..they weren't marked with a name. Well, everyone told me all summer, "O, you know ferns aren't gonna last thru the winter in the ground here, you'll have to dig it up and bring it in" So I did, I dug them up in early Nov. and brought them in. Now I find out they are Christmas Ferns, and evergreen here. They are doing OK inside, but not as well as they were outside and I am nervous they are going to die on me. So I am wondering if I can put them back in the ground in same spots where I dug them up from, or do you all think it's too late and they will die? It has been unseasonably warm here. (I still have roses, oranges &lemons, calendula, snapdragons, guara, and many other flowers still blooming their lil fool heads off.) When I dug up the ferns, I put them into black nursery pots..I was thinking maybe to just put the whole black nursery pots that they are in into the ground as to not disturb the roots since its already the end of November. Maybe cut some wide slits in the sides of the pots?

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniella

Comments (2)

Sponsored