SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

I Have Lost My Pinkums

Annie
14 years ago

I got a call tonight at approximately 9:30 that Pinkums had just died of complications as a result to the new medication they had given her today.

After being over dosed for three days with the Olive Leaf Extract, it was too soon for them to give her anything more, but they insisted she would improve within 24-48 hours.

About 7:30 tonight, she went into respiratory distress from a bad reaction to the new "wonder drug", or so the vet told me. She called me to tell me about it and said it didn't look good and she wanted to prepare me. The vet worked on her for hours to try to save her, but the damage was so well done after all their other blunders and neglect that she just couldn't take any more abuse and succumbed. The vet immediately called to let me know.

I just thought I would let you all know. You can stop the vigil.

Any cards you may have gotten for her can be sent to me here at home if you wish. I will cherish them in a little photo album with her pictures. This is not a request for more cards, just letting those of you know that if you already bought her a card and had planned to send it, please send it here instead of to the clinic hence forth. No need to go out and buy any if you didn't already.

Thanks for all your good vibes, prayers and well wishes and the beautiful and cute cards. I wish she could have known how many people there were out there who cared besides The Mom.

I spent the morning with her today. Mostly all I did was brush her softly with her little pink hair brush and tell her I loved her. I scratched her chin and rubbed her eyes & face and she loved every second of it. She did eat a little bit for me. She did not want me to leave her for even a second. She actually pulled her head out of the cone and meowed for me when she thought I was going to leave. I was just cleaning out her bowl. It is breaking my heart and I just cannot stand it. My poor baby.

She was a very brave little girl and fought a hard, horrible fight to the end. I know she won't suffer any longer, but it is all so wrong. I am so angry that she went through it all because of their stupidity and sloppy work. I just cannot stop crying because of all that we went through in this together. I felt her pain and fear in my heart. I felt so helpless to know what to do to save her.

I don't know if I can sleep tonight or not. I made some coffee and I am chain smoking like a dragon. So much for my smoke out. If anyone else is still up, I wouldn't mind the company.

I am probably rambling...sorry I am having my little pitty party on the forum, for gosh sakes.

~Annie

Comments (32)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone