SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Little Hiney's any ideas?

ladylotus
12 years ago

My name is out there and now I have to come up with some more ideas. I have been helping various girl scout troops by giving little seminars and having them understand a little about plants. I usually have enough plants for each of the kids to take one home and everyone seems to be really happy.

I've been asked by one of the groups if I would once again put something together for them. I was thinking of purchasing some seeds of Lithops and making little paper pots and have each of them plant their own plants. What do you think?

I could put together a sheet on growing tips and send that with them. I'm always looking for little unusual things so that I can draw in these eager little (hopefully) one day gardeners. However, I have two questions.

1. Will Lithop seeds germinate easily?

2. Where could I purchase seeds? There are 22 girls and I thought I would purchase seeds enough for each to plant 2 seeds. I guess that would depend on the cost also.

Do you have any other ideas or can you provide any information that I should know about these little plants that look like a baby hinies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (5)