SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecosse_gw

Went to a Cactus/Succulent show, and 2 followed me home....

ecosse
16 years ago

Hi all

Wonder if someone could flesh out the basic care and feeding instructions I was given when I ransomed a couple of succulants from a garden show. One is labeled (got to get a digital cam) "haworthia emelyae picta 2/89". It's flawless, a mounded triple rosette in a 4?in. round and tall pot. It fills it, and is about 3.5in tall. The directions I got were "not too much light, but not too little, not too much heat, but not not below 40 degrees, they like being pot bound, and it'll tell you when it wants water"

The other is labeled "anacampseros rufescens variegata" in a 3in(diagonal) square pot, less than 1in. tall,looks all the world like a little mound of pink, heart shaped pebbles.

No instructions on that.

I'm thinking I might want to repot, pot up. Can they go together? How big should one go pot-wise? Keep em tight? Can they go outside? Sun? Right now they are in their original little plastic pots sitting by a south window..

I have a large cactus bowl that thrives-a good cactus mix, nice top dressing. I let it dry out darn near completely, then drench. Feed lightly once-twice a year. If I repot, I use dry mix, don't water for a week. Its on my south facing balcony, it gets rough there in summer, even with shade cloth awning.

I have a feeling that sort of treatment is waay too harsh for these guys, so any advcice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting