SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Still more to do.... 10 pix

Painting, baseboards etc., etc., etc. Took a few pix for those of you that asked. My decorating style... eclectic, not everyones cup of tea but it suits me.

{{gwi:608343}}
The green color (darker)I finally settled on.

{{gwi:608345}}
This shows how small our bathroom really is.

{{gwi:608347}}
Kitchen corner

{{gwi:608349}}
Opposite corner

{{gwi:608351}}
New range with a peek into the dining room.

{{gwi:608353}}
More kitchen

{{gwi:608357}}
Looking from the dining room into the kitchen, we still haven't put the swingng cafe doors back on the arched doorway.

{{gwi:608358}}
Looking from the dining room down the wee hall, the tiny bathroom is on the right.

{{gwi:608360}} Our dining room

{{gwi:608362}}
Looking into the living room from the dining room.

I did get a coat of paint on the wall behind the biffy before it went back in. I was congratulating myself on that little feat until I decided I didn't like that shade of green soooooo back to the paint store and yes, I was down on hands and knees twisted sideways repainting behind the biffy.

I only locked myself in the bathroom once and had to yell for help, yup the door nob was off while the door was being painted, yours truly backed into it, no mumbling this time I was down right $@%#&ing. DH decided it best to put the door nob on and let me out, that is if he wanted any dinner. I took the door nob with me the next time :o).

Annette

Comments (21)

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

LOL! The dinner issue was a good idea.

Everything looks wonderful. I love green. I bet I had 24 shades of green samples and then decided on the robins egg blue. Go figure.
    Tell what a biffy is?

Your bath is the same as my guest bathroom.

k

• thinman
    14 years ago

It all looks GREAT, Annette. I can't speak with any real expertise, but from where I sit, it looks like you are an excellent decorator - definitely my cup of tea too.

Congratulations on a job well done.

ThinMan

• Related Discussions

have still more..iris cristata 10 to 1

Q

Comments (2)
    Would you be interested in a Crinum fimbriatulum - common names Milk and Wine lily or Confederate lily for iris cristata? I'm also interested in some rose campion if we can agree to a trade. I have a large crinum bulb the size of a softball (and some smaller) if your are interested in trading. Thanks - Just let me know, Diana
    ...See More

Still More pix!

Q

Comments (12)
    Kathy, a couple of years ago, all of my labels got washed off. I am talking in the low hundreds. That's the reason you see a lot of unknown parentage on my seedlings. Nope, don't know the parents.. Debra, I love the CITE seedlings too! I think the first one have Ulraviolet Moods eye though. The second is Catcher for sur. I had 3 others bloom with that eye last year and I am axiously waiting for them this year. They were darker in color though.. Jean, MPF was hybridized by JRT on the LA. He also sent me as a bonus, Window of Joy which I posted last week. they are both scrumptous.. I am glad you enjoyed the pix.. Ann, that is exactly what I wanted to do. Have a good inventory so I could do something different. I still have tons of seedlings that haven't bloomed.. Nancy, please don't eat my MPF. I would be devastated. Chris, I am glad you like MPF. I have so many new pretty ones this year! okbt. Those are a cross of S. Royal Prince x Margaret McWhorter. Some of those seedlings are downright ugly.. gonegardening..That was a ffo on RR. I expect it will shape up a lot soon. Dot...Kissing??? Whoa lady, they were hugging.. hehehe!! Thank you all for looking at my dls...Ellie
    ...See More

More Daylily Pix from Zone 10

Q

Comments (13)
    Wonderful pictures, and I do like your favorite, Moment In The Sun. We had our first frost here, but Final Touch managed to put up one small bloom before the frost got it. Keep posting, please, certainly enjoy the photos. Avedon
    ...See More

A few more still hangin' in there as of 17 Oct 10

Q

Comments (1)
    I think I like several pics in one post. Peggy
    ...See More
  • aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathy, it's just another name for the toilet. Our bathroom is so small we had to put a space saver tub in but I have to say the bathroom has a better lay out now. When we bought the house in the 60's the sink (where the vanity is now) was held up by a frame of 2x4's covered with a plastic curtain, the door opened on to the back of a boxed in bathtub along the left wall, the biffy was in the back right corner beside the tub.

Annette

• Eduarda
    14 years ago

I think you have a very lovely home and I would feel very comfortable there :-) Your new floor adds a new dimension to the space. I absolutely love not seeing different "patches" of floor when the doors are open - it makes for a more unified look and the rooms look larger. Everyhting is done in a very tasteful manner and it looks utterly inviting. Your new range also looks fabulous, I bet you can do some serious cooking in there!

Eduarda

• dawiff
    14 years ago

Very nice, I like the floor. Is it real tile, or vinyl? It looks like real tile. I love just about any shade of green, except for maybe lime or neon. I also just love your black dining room set. Do you remember where you got it?

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    14 years ago

It's great. Everything looks so neat and new. Makes me feel guilty for not doing something.

Nell

• little_dani
    14 years ago

I love the green, and I love your floors! And you have reminded me that we have a bathroom to gut and enlarge, and remodle, including all new fixtures. I am not looking forward to it. I think there may be mold in that bathroom.....

Easier to just set fire to it. LOL
    Oh, wait, that would be the whole house would go with it. Not a good idea.

Your house looks lovely.

Janie

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I love your decorating. I would feel very comfortable there.

I do like that tile flooring and love the dining room set.

You make me feel guilty for not getting busy inside, but when I think about it and the work involved.....I do something else instead!

Glenda

• DYH
    14 years ago

Looks great! I love the natural colors of the tile and the continuity of it flowing through the rooms. Easy maintenance, too.

Cameron

Original Author
    14 years ago

dawiff, it's ceramic tile the color looks a little more subdued then the photos show I guess it's the flash on the camera that's doing it.
    I can't remember which store we bought the dining room set in, we spent a long time looking for one. I had what I wanted planted firmly in my mind and decided I wouldn't pay more than $1500. This one I actually backed into while looking at another set which wasn't quite right but close. I turned around to see what I backed into and Ta Dh there it was, exactly what I was looking for. When I looked at the price tag I almost fainted, $399, needless to say I snapped it up. It was was one of those put it together yourself deals, DH looked at the sky saying here I go again, the black buffets or whatevers were put together yourself deals too I painted them black.

Eduarda, I know what you mean about cut up rooms especially in a small house like ours, this is why I painted the wall the same color in all the rooms you can see into and yes the tile floors make the rooms look sooooo much bigger. I want to look for some new throw cushions in bright colors I guess this means another trip to HomeSense for cushions and artwork for the walls in the living room, what I have up now doesn't work. I have several pieces bought there very reasonably priced.

Janie, I say go for it, DH came home from work one day to find our bathroom walls ripped out, piled in the dining room LOL. It was a job that kept getting put off sooooo....

Cameron, easy maintenance is right, I just whip through with a dust mop and it's done in 10 minutes, spills wipe up in seconds, can't you see me jumping up and down with two thumbs up over this :o).

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, comfortable is the look I was striving for, ours is a very lived in house where you can kick your shoes off and put your feet up. I love seeing everyones decor from elegant right on down to my style, that is if you can call it a style LOL. I Ooh and Ahhhh over them all.

Another passion of mine is colored glass, from the beautiful piece of Venetian glass our DS1 gave us for our 50th right on down to the little vase I picked up at a flea market for 25 cents. Price has nothing to do with it LOL.

Annette

• keesha2006
    14 years ago

The top pic is the green your using now right? I like it a great deal...I love green, it is such a relaxing color...the tile looks really nice..ties so much together. Painting will be rewarding won't it? I love it...it gets my vote :) Job well done..or nearly well done :)

• libbyshome
    14 years ago

Well I 'Ooh and Ahhhh' over your pics. Everything looks just perfect. I love the kitchen walls. Everything you've done looks very 'up to date'.

Libby
    ps..........I like the open windows :)

• mora
    14 years ago

Annette, you really have a great eye for decorating and have done a wonderful job. Love your glass pieces and your rooster and oh those tiles are yummy!Martha

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    14 years ago

Love it all!! I liked the 1st green, silly me!!! It's your home, though!!! lol.

Love it all, Nancy.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Keesha, yes it's the darker green in the top picture, actually it started out one shade darker but once I saw it under different lighting I didn't like it. I went for a deeper color because the walls in the rest of the house are off-white grey. You know what they say about a punch of color :o).

Libby, your mention of the kitchen wall brought a smile to my face, remember the photograph finish wallboard popular in the late 60's, well I painted it. We put new windows in all round a couple of years ago, all have three sections the two end sections open. It really works well in hot weather. We catch the cool breeze from my little courtyard garden through the dining room windows and, all the cross ventilation plus the ceiling fans we have in most of the rooms help keep it from getting unbearable inside.

Martha so you like my funky style :o), I love colored glass, have some lovely pink Fenton vases along with numerous flea market finds, my Rooster has a crackletone finish, I picked him up at a little gallery locally.

Nancy, one of the reasons I went for a darker green besides wanting a punch of color is the pale green almost blinded us when the sun came through the bathroom window and to tell the truth I was downright tired of it.

The one bedroom that is still being used as a bedroom is on hold for now, but it's day is coming. All I can say at this time there will be color LOL.

Annette

• FlowerLady6
    14 years ago

Ooooohhhh Annette I love your place. I feel right at home. I bet you are thrilled to have the new look, plus easier maintenance. Those tiles look wonderful and I love your decorating style.

FlowerLady

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Annette, your home is cute! It sort of reminds me of mine in a way. It looks like your rooms are smaller, and I love that you have left many original features. That curved arch is wonderful! It is very cute!

• Annie
    14 years ago

Hi Annette!

Your home is beautiful!
    I love the colors and all the work you've done. Tres Chic!

Green is my favorite color!
    Your green glassware in the kitchen is lovely. I have part of my Great-Grandmother's green glassware dishes. Mother's sister has the rest. I am going to try to talk her into to giving it to me, since Grammie gave me the other pieces and my aunt has no daughters. She has the big bowls and serving dishes. I have all the rest including the sundae dishes. The dinner plates & salad plates are square; the tea saucers are round. All dark green glass. So beautiful. I found gold-rimmed goblets, candlesticks and other items that perfectly match, so I have a complete table setting, including cups, just not the serving dishes. I use the set at Christmas for our family table. I also have Grammie's clear glass sundae dishes and other items. Hexagonal shaped. They are all well over a hundred years old. It all looks so pretty together.

Anyway, your home is lovely.
    C'est Magnifique!

~Annie

• Annie
    14 years ago

P. S. - I also collect blue glassware and amber glassware.

Something else we kinda have in common. (wink)

Original Author
    14 years ago

GGG, our rooms are quite small by some standards 11x12 or thereabouts the kitchen is smaller and you've seen how small the bathroom is. When this house was built it was in the days of outhouses what is our dining room today was the kitchen back then, they took a corner of the kitchen to put in the indoor potty :o). We added two rooms shortly after we moved here a new kitchen and another bedroom which is now where I have my computer, TV, books and my own remote control :o). I so love your use of color it has inspired me to go out and look for some really hot colored throw cushions for the living room, it still needs those punches of color.

Thanks Annie, it's not fancy but it's home I've just been trying to make it comfortable, a place where we can kick off our shoes and relax.

I thought blue was my favorite color so why do I go for green in a big way, maybe because I love teal blue. Your G.Grandmother's dishes sound lovely, sounds like it might be depression glass you lucky, lucky girl.

Another love of mine, depression glass I think it's another thing that reminds me of the past and fond memories. DH bought me a book on it for Christmas a couple of years back it list's all the different patterns with pic's. One of my grans had lots of pink but I wasn't lucky enough to inherit any of it.
    I did find 2 green cups and saucers in the cloverleaf pattern and DH bought me 2 more off ebay.
    I haven't found anything else yet, the goal is to have enough green to set the table for 4. I would love to see yours, any hopes of a picture? I wonder how many of us like depression glass, maybe an idea for another thread :o).

Annette

• Annie
    14 years ago

I can post a picture of them, but need to get them out and wash them first.

Yes, Mother said they were Depression Glass - Anchor Hocking, Forrest Green, I believe. Grammie died when I was 11. She was 104. Green was her favorite color too, and because I was born in February, her birth month, she gave them to me. I am very lucky to have them. I also have her wedding ring. I wear it on a gold chain. Too little for my fingers and I don't want to lose it. I wear it almost all the time.

~Annie

Sponsored