SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

My newly acquired Calamondin, mix, ingred, pics

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

Well, I have recently received this Calamondin". I love it! It smelled heavenly when I opened the box, and looked very healthy...I missed the one I gave away to a very kind person so much, that I had to get another..lol

At one time, I use to be confused as to what mix I howls use to pot one into, since I had many types available in my cellar. I also had many ingredients and fertilizers to boot...I actually use to get scared to order any one point, feeling overwhelmed as to my choices of what to plant them into, and the feed..

Well, this is what I do overtime I receive one now, without hesitation...I hope this helps someone out there..Try doing this without getting stung...

The Plant just out of the box on Sunday..Packaged very well and fully covered by Red Wood shavings.

{{gwi:615097}}

{{gwi:615103}}

The ingredients used for my mix... Orchid bark, fine grade,

{{gwi:564806}}

{{gwi:564808}}

Crushed granite, "growers" side, or "gran it grit

{{gwi:564797}}

{{gwi:564803}}

And, "Turface", Mvp...

{{gwi:564794}}

The tools..Strainers I bought from a Bonsai company, and needle point plastic bought at Michael's

{{gwi:615107}}

{{gwi:564812}}

Gypsum....

{{gwi:564815}}

I mixed one part of the Turface, Granite, and the bark together and made enough to fill the container...I also put 1 tablespoon of gypsum to one gallon of the mix..I layed a piece of the needle screen on the holes at the bottom of the tainer, and filled a bit. Then I gently placed the tree inside, all the while filling in the tainer with the gritty mix, so as to get it between all the roots..

I then uses a stick to fill in the roots even more by pushing it into the roots, the jiggling it as the mix dropped even further into the pots filling around the roots even more. I then pushed a nice stream of water with the hose into the pot, then watered thoroughly..

The finished product...

{{gwi:564822}}

{{gwi:615110}}

{{gwi:615111}}

{{gwi:615112}}

{{gwi:564823}}

An extra picture of my "Oro Blanco" grapefruits, getting huge..:-)

{{gwi:615113}}

Mike..:-)

Comments (16)