SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carkween

New Dinner Plate Cactus

carkween
16 years ago

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have been reading from this forum for a couple of weeks now and there are so many helpfull and intelligent people here that I just had to sign up and get my questions out there.

I have gotten a new Echeveria Glauca from our local "Farmers Market" Once I got this plant home I read from here some tips on repotting et...

I repotted in a bigger and wider pot being very careful with the roots. I made sure that the soil was loose and didnt get packed down. This was a few weeks ago and ever since the leaves starting from the bottom are turning yellow/brown color and becoming very plyable and soft. I am pulling these off a few at a time per day. This plant also has a "pup" It looks like the pup is doing very well and growing strong. It has very small roots starting to grow also. I have not taken the pup off yet, I wanted to wait till the roots got bigger. Is that a good idea or should I go ahead and remove the pup?

I have a couple of questions, How often do I water this plant? I know that I should place water in a bowl and sit my plant in the bowl to water from underneath. (Is that accurate?) I dont know how offten I should did this or even if I am doing it correctly. Could this be the reason my leaves are looking so bad? When is it time to remove the pup? When I do remove the pup how do I get him started to make sure he gets a good start?

I keep this plant indoors by itself. I really do not have a good North or South window to make a home for my plant. I tend to move her around so that she can get some sunlight.

Im I hurting her by doing this?

I know these are a lot of questions and I am very greatfull for any/all help!!

~Beth~

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!