SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_amber

My little citrus tree - help!

Miss_Amber
12 years ago

Hi guys,

I've been surfing and searching endlessly and with only a couple of hints, I turn to you for advice!

I am growing a citrus (tangerine) tree on my terrace. I've had it for over 6 months now and it's been the happiest tree - green, shiny leaves, constantly growning new fruit etc. The only little problem I noticed to date was some leaves slightly eaten - very obviously by whatever bugs.

I went on holiday in Spain for two weeks recently and relatives packed drops for bugs and fertilizer which looking at their thriving citruses works magic.

I came home and used 1drop per 1litre of water to spray the leaves all over once every few days. I also added the fertilizer as they suggested around the base of my tree (don't ask what fertilizer exactly - they know best).

A few days later I noticed a few leaves go brownish and shrivelled. I got worried and stopped spraying, only a bit of watering. Next day - even worse until today, quite depressingly, my whole tree is very brown and looks like its dying! We tried to wipe the leaves in case it was the spray, but to my surprise the green leaves started falling off easily when touched!? Not the brown ones. The fruit is still hanging there but I am really worried and unsure whether it will get any better. The soil is moist, not dry or overwatered.

ANY suggestions and help will be appreciated. Help me save my tangerines!

Amber

Comments (15)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm