SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

Brug pics! - and some OT

Central_Cali369
15 years ago

Hey eveyone! The cool weather and much needed water has waken up a lot of plants. We've been having some dense fog here the last couple of days. Not as dense as we usually get it, but it is persistant and keeps everything dripping wet and moist. If you've never been in dense fog, come down to the San Joaquin/Sacramento vallies in the wintertime! It becomes so dense at times that it persists for weeks on end (day and night). Quite a delight - for visitors mostly, but for my brugs too, since they are cloudforest plants after all. Here are some pics i took a moment when the fog cleared before the sun set. The pictures were taken with my phone, so the quality is quite poor - sorry.

The first one is of a cyclist in Roeding Park here in Fresno. This is a mid-day shot during one of our week-long fog spells. This isn't even dense fog, that comes later in the season.

{{gwi:589884}}
The first of the plants is a NOID white brug that i grew from seed.

{{gwi:589886}}
Then we have Mina Lobata (Ipomoea Lobata). This is a volunteer vine. I remember giving up on mina lobata seeds last year, only to find one sprouted this year and is putting on a spectacular show right now! I will have LOTS of seeds (hopefully) in a little, so i can share with all of you.

{{gwi:589888}}
Here is a shrimp plant that seems to never stop blooming!

{{gwi:589890}}
Next are a couple of cannas

{{gwi:589892}}
{{gwi:589894}}
The first of a batch of Callistemon bloom spikes

{{gwi:589896}}

Comments (16)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm