SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perfect_12

Advice on mini lemon tree

perfect_12
17 years ago

I recieved a mini lemon 'tree' last xmas, which has been growing in a pot indoors. It is more of a vine than a tree, with one long branch which curls around on a frame.

When i recived it it was really healthy, with two full size lemons growing. After a while it appeares to be oozing a sticky substance, and had white bugs on it which we identified (from past posts here) as scale. We treated it with a bug killer recommended by the local garden centre, and washed it down, but they reappeared so we treated it again. This has caused all but two of the leaves to fall off - but thankfully the scale has now gone (we have also repotted it in the same container to ensure nothing living in the soil)

It has now started to grow new branches and leaves, do we leave it growing on the frame and allow branches to grow in all directions or do we need to limit the number of new branches growing? Sorry if this is a weird question, but neither myself or my partner are very green fingered! We also wondered whether it is possible to encourage it to grow like a 'tree' rather than a vine and if so how?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Becky

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH