SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

One thing leads to another hehehe

We have carpet in our living room through the dining room, not fancy carpet but the wear and tear type. Last fall we put a new insert in our wood burning fireplace but even with the extra row of tile we installed in front of the hearth the odd spark still hit the carpet when you opened the door.

I've been talking about taking the carpets out and laying down tile for quite awhile to no avail but, now I've got DH on board with the idea because of the spark thingy sooooo, striking while the irons hot why not do the dining room too as it is kind of open concept.

Well that was the plan, we picked out a tile we liked a few months ago, now that it's time to do it, it's no longer available sooooo we picked out another that we even liked better.

Next step have the installer come out and look everything over, it turns out the dining room is a no go, has a few problems tile won't work there (old house). Sooooo Annette striking while the iron's hot said how about tiling the kitchen, is it doable? (painted floor, Annette is sick of painting it).

Yes it's doable, Yea, high five and all that, had everything measured up and said go ahead and order the tile. The phone rings, sorry that tile is no longer available, Urrgggh!!

Not to be deterred DH in tow, out the next morning to select a new tile, I've got the bit in my teeth by this time, come hell or high water I'm going to have my tiled floors at least in the living room and kitchen.

We'll have to take the grill out temporarily (free standing) roll the fridge into the dining room for a couple of days, the stove hehehe, the one I mentioned in Edna's thread, the one I've been belting for the last 10 years to make it work, is going to the dump :o))).

Went to Home Depot and a couple of other places yesterday picked out a reasonably priced range at HD, stainless steel, smooth cooktop, self clean, black trim, my counter top is black, interior of oven almost a cobalt blue my favorite color.

The dining room floor, to be determined at a later date, already the wheels are turning though, oh such possibilities... hehehe, I'm on a roll again, yep one thing leads to another.

Annette

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio