SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Weight: that heavy topic again

DYH
16 years ago

I have run out of ideas about why I can't lose even half a pound.

Before we went to Italy, I literally counted and measured everything that I ate, even chewing gum to keep the calories below 1200 for 6 days. Each day, I either biked 10 miles or walked 5 miles, in addition to my normal chores of gardening and housekeeping. I even kayaked on some of the days that I had biked or walked. At the end of the 6 days, I hadn't lost an ounce.

In Italy, I ate 1,000s of calories per day -- gelato, wine, appetizers, pasta, dessert. I walked around, but didn't do any other vigorous exercise. I came home and hadn't gained an ounce.

It's been like this for about 3 years -- no matter how little I eat and how much I exercise, I weigh the same. No matter how much I eat and little I exercise, I weigh the same.

I get a yearly physical. My BP, cholesterol are all fine. I'm no longer on any medications (was on atenolol for a few years and got off of it in March). It was prescribed when I had to go to the ER when my mitral valve prolapse went haywire during a 4 month virus. The only other thing is that my temp is usually in the 97 range but no thyroid problems show up on my tests. I used to have a lot of headaches and joint aches, but (on my own) figured out that I had an iodine deficiency and started taking kelp which immediately got rid of my chronic sinusitis, tinnitus, headaches and joint aches.

I'm 53. I was always thin until a few years ago. The only thing I get from the doctor is "your age". Something has to work for weight loss even at my age! Anyone have any suggestions? What kind of doctor should I see for this?

Thanks

Cameron

Comments (15)

Sponsored