SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Loving my potted Oro Blanco grapefruit :)

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

Hi everybody! I am happy to report that my 'Oro Blanco' grapefruit, is blooming now like crazy! In terms of blooming alone, I would have a hard time choosing between the two!

I bought my tree 2 years ago from Four Winds after Meyer Mike had posted pictures of his, and how he said that the flowers were large and highly fragrant. Well, I have to agree 100%! I can be within 10 feet of my tree and smell the heady fragrance. I love the shiny green leaves and I cannot wait to enjoy the fruits. Last year I pruned my tree back pretty hard in an attempt to get it to fill in, and as a result, I didn't see much for blooms. This year has ben a completely different story! My tree is not quite 3ft tall yet but it has flower clusters on almost every tip.

I will need to repot the tree this year, as the bark is starting to break down, and I don't want the roots to rot.

I also have been feeding this tree( along with all my others) white vinegar and Miracle Grow acid. I have been concerned that this is not going to be a good year for all my plumeria, but my citrus all seem to be doing really well.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

Andrew

Comments (2)