SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjeffery

Tiny Airport Lemon Tree

sjeffery
17 years ago

Happy Friday everyone,

This is a re-posting/update of a post I wrote at the beginning of the year. As there are a number of new members to the citrus forum, I thought I'd see if anyone might have any info for me.

About 2 1/2 years ago, I bought one of those tiny lemon trees (four leaves on a slender stem in a cardboard tube-type box) that they sell all over Florida (mine actually came from the Ft. Myers airport). I don't know what variety it is; the box it came in didn't say. It's been growing nicely; I keep it indoors and put it outside from spring to just before fall frost time. I feed it four times per year with the avocado/citrus food. It's now in a good sized container, has lots of nice green growth and is almost 6 feet tall. The main trunk is nice & thick and actually does look like a strong tree trunk. I don't believe it's grafted as the stem was so slight when I got it. Can anyone tell me what variety these tend to be and when I might get the first flowers? If anyone else has grown one of these out & actually gotten fruit I would be THRILLED to hear about it! Thanks! Stephanie in Germantown, MD

Comments (2)