SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsparkle_gw

White spots on new Kaffir Lime Tree (pics)

mrsparkle
9 years ago

This past Saturday I got a new Kaffir lime tree. It was placed in front of a window until early Monday evening when we transplanted it into a larger pot, put it outside, and gave it a good watering. I used a 50/50 mix of homemade compost and an organic potting soil mix when transplanting. The tree is pretty scrawny, but for the most part seems pretty healthy. Having said that, there are a couple things that concern me.

First, several of the leaves have white spots on them. The spots were there when the tree arrived, but they seem to be appearing on more leaves

My other concern is the new growth at the top of the plant. The branch and all of the leaves are much paler than the rest of the plant

My first thought is a nitrogen deficiency, but I don't have much experience (this will be one of the first plants I've ever tried to grow).

Aside from a good watering after transplanting and a light watering the following day, there have been some scattered thunderstorms. I've also been misting with a spray bottle every hour or so in the hottest part of the day and every couple of hours the rest of the day, but I have not used any fertilizer.

I don't live in an ideal citrus growing zone, and I would like to give this tree the best start that I can, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. Is there a way to upload more than one pic to a message?

Comments (2)