SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Kinda funny cat & mouse story

So, I recently discovered I have mice living under the kitchen sink. Yuck. Off I went to Wally Mart, and checked out with traps, and yes, cat food. No one else saw the humour! My old guys are not the mousers they once were. Anyway, yesterday, I finally put some cream cheese onto 2 traps, putting one in the oven drawer, one in the cupboard where I found mouse dirt - double-yuck.

This morning, I of course have forgotten all about it till I get to the kitchen, and discovered the oven drawer open, no trap, no mouse. I start thinking - did the trap go off last night?? Where is the trap?? I check the cupboard - same thing -no mouse, no trap. Did I have a senior moment, or a chardonnay moment?? Did I dispose of everything last night?? Note to self, dial the wine back. Then, something under the dining room table catches my eye - two empty mouse traps!! I jump to a conclusion - Nici, whom I use the cream cheese to dose him with his glucosamine and chondroitin (sp.?)must have smelled the cream cheese and set the traps off and eaten it. But he would have just eaten where he found them. I pick-up the traps - one has blood on it, the other still has trapped mouse bits - triple-yuck. I bleached my hands and put rubber gloves on. So, here is what I think happened. There was still some 'play-value' in the mice when they got got (read they were trying to escape) and Midnight, my 16-year-old, heard them. Yes, he can open drawers and doors! And he enjoyed a 'midnight' snack!! lol. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Nancy.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor