SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

I did it again

karyn1
16 years ago

Being home alone with insomnia and a computer is not a good thing. lol When you can't sleep what should you do? Well browse electronics/appliance retailers and Ebay of course. I'm out over $1000 since 1 am! I started with a new digital camera. I thought that I'd lost my camera yesterday so DH picked up a new one for me on the way home from work. It's a really cute pink Sony. When my DD got home she somehow found my camera so I said that I was going to return the Sony. She started sulking because she wants a pink camera but I don't want to spend that much on one for her. I felt bad about it all day so I went online and found a different pink one for half the price and I got her a photo printer to go with it. Of course my son also wants a new camera so maybe I should give him my Kodak and I'll keep the one that DH bought for me. Still thinking about this. Then I moved on to Ebay and plants and picked up 3 brugs and an amaryllis. To top it off I decided that I needed a Dyson vacuum. I'd better get out of the house before I shop again! lol I got a variegated Jamie, American Pride and what he's calling a variegated Sunsport. I'm not quite sure what it's a sport of or the color of the bloom but the foliage is several shades of green and very pretty and I love anything variegated. I also got a Green Butterfly amaryllis that is very cool looking. I'm not worried about the cold because he packs everything so well. I got a Mon Amour de Mariel from him about 10 days ago and it's growing beautifully. Now I have to figure out where to put everything. I've got potted brugs in almost every room as well as a ton of other plants. There's soil and leaves everywhere which is why I needed the Dyson : )

Karyn

Comments (25)

• bonnie12210
    16 years ago

LOL Karyn don't you just hate those expensive sleepless nights,Bonnie

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My problem is that I like them. lol
    Karyn

• Related Discussions

Oops I think I did it again...

Q

Comments (7)
    Laurel...don't do it....all those seed catalogs have been sitting in a pile on a desk untouched until I knew I had to sit in the waiting room Thursday. I thought, "oh, I'll just take it along to look at while I wait". That's how it starts... Drippy, I wonder where the T&M staff is going on vacation this year?? Will they collect seeds while they're there? lol Stormy Weather...my bubble is bursted...ah well. Six and one-half dozen...plus 18....lol. Linda
    ...See More

opps i did it again...lol..

Q

Comments (2)
    Hello all....another quick question.... Im in zone 5 and its almost july, ive read this rose of sharon should be planted in the fall...so should i keep them in their pots until then and just keep them watered or what could happen if i put them in the ground now and kept them watered really good?? I bought a couple for the person that lives next door to me and was going to plant all of them this weekend. No where where ive read online says what would happen if i plant in july?? Thank
    ...See More

Oops I did it again...

Q

Comments (7)
    Lol, I am sure I will probably do it again next Friday since I have another day off. Thanks for posting your beautiful pictures! That Ivory Coast is stunning and Revolution is too! Does Revolution often have all green leaves sporting in it? Sorry Gesila, I have still have that song in my head... Linda :)
    ...See More

Oops, I did it again...

Q

Comments (10)
    Fransen also said they would put it in the spring 2018 catalogue and then I happened to see a post on fb where they said they sell it now, young plants, but I decided not to wait until someone else gets it :-) I first saw it in one of Dan's posts here and I knew that I had to get it some day. I would not have thought it could happen so fast.
    ...See More
  • chena
    16 years ago

LOL At least you got good stuff!!!
    Chena

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

Karyn I don't have insomnia and I'm still sometimes $$urfing. Good choices on the plants. But the Dyson you will love! Pricey, but the best vacuum I've ever had. And I have cats and Giant Dogs (Irish Wolfhounds and Great Danes). Girl you are grooving: all this "stuff" plus a new GH you have either been a very good girl this year or a delightfully bad one! lol Gloria

• karmahappytoes
    16 years ago

Karyn1, I have to agree with gee8ch with the delightfully bad part?? LOL I'd give him the old camera, sharing is good! Do enjoy your new purchases! ; )

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

KHT: I like your style! ;0) Gloria

• karmahappytoes
    16 years ago

karyn1, those reverse variegated ones are so not like the other variegated ones. Let me know if you like it as we are starting about 8 of them off the one we have.

gee8ch, I wanted to say delightful naughty! LOL

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

Give your son the pink camera~he should appreciate that! LOL! just kidding...

I just found a huge bud on my American Pride yesterday. I didnt even see a Y! Must be tiny or the original stem must be half of a Y lol. I will post a photo when it opens up.

I got another brug in the mail not too long ago that had a huge flower with no visible Y either..

• jeep461
    16 years ago

Do not feel bad. I showed my wife the deal catcher site and she ordered a 500.00 artificial for 79.00 with 19.00 shipping. I found it inside the side door. The box was real heavy so I called her on her new cell phone and asked how she got it from the gate. In the back of her car and drug it to the house. LOL Nothing like a bargin with doctor copays of $30.00 and pharmacy bills.

Oh, I forgot we already have a nice tree.....

It is good to share.

Jim

• napdognewfie
    16 years ago

Karyn, I see all kinds of things I THINK I need when I get online, too. I bought an oil furnace this summer. It is a personal challenge to me to see how much I can save. lol I could have given you Sunsport & Jamie. You live close enough for an in-person swap, we'll have to get together in the spring.

Linda

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

That must be why you always answer my posts in the middle of the night, lol. I don't sleep well a lot at night either and don't want to keep my husband up with the tv so I surf the plant sites and ebay. I got an MP4 player in the mail today I ordered from ebay and he thought it was his Christmas gift and was so excited about it I gave it to him. I had really bought it for myself, lol. Now I have to get another one. I couldn't pass it up for less than half price what they cost at Walmart, lol. I think I about have him convinced I need a green house if he ever wants to see the garage again, lol. He can't stand things being out of place and you can't even walk in there. If I had a greenhouse he wouldn't have to look in there. I have been getting boxes in the mail about every other day. Some are swaps or offers for postage and some are plants I buy off ebay and I tell him its all from you generous folks on here and didn't cost me anthing, lol.

16 years ago

F4F,
    You should try spilling undiluted fish fertilizer in 'his' garage~ he will really be 'all for' a greenhouse then!! Don't ask me how I know this lol.

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

It would fit right in with the smell of the fish he forgot was still in the cooler last weekend! It came open when I went to move it and I almost gagged. He had taken them all out but 2 that his friend was supposed to come pick up and he never did and we forgot about it. I think the ice chest is ruined. I put baking soda and bleach in it and it still stinks. He was talking with one of our friends about needing a green house today and he said I know what you mean I'm in the same boat. That is a funny story all by itself. I met a lady that lives near me through the Texas GW site and we exchanged some seeds and things this spring and got to be friends. She was single and I introduced her to our single guy friend and they have been together for about 8 months now and talking about getting married. I tell everybody I traded her a boyfriend for a plant, lol. Him and my husband have someone to complain to each other about all the plants since my friend has a ton more than I do, lol.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm still at it. I'm at the hotel and still shopping online. lol I just bought DS 1 a really cool radio control helicopter. It's today's Woot for $39 + $5 S&H. I love Woot!!! Don't ask why I'm in a two room hotel suite and am on the computer. Kyle has decided that he wants to sleep in our room and he keeps waking up and coming back in every time we move him : ( With Kyle around DH probably didn't need to get fixed!

My friend forgot about a half bushel of crabs that were in her garage when she left for 2 weeks vacation. I have no idea how she forgot about them but the smell permeated her entire house. She had to get one of those "disaster master" cleaning services to get the smell out. It was the middle of August and her garage was probably about 90 degrees!

Gonna try and move Kyle again.
    Karyn

Here is a link that might be useful: R/C helicopter

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

LOL - oh Karyn. . thank you so much for the laughs!

I hope Kyle was able to sleep this time. Of course, if I had gotten that tired, I would have just gone and laid in Kyle's bed. LOL. . .

Hope everything goes well! I've gotta go get some Xmas shopping done.

• karmahappytoes
    16 years ago

Oh I want one of those!! Those would be great to attack small crawling creatures to scare them off?? Wonder if a small spray bottle could be attached?? Oh could we have fun with that!!

Keep those shopping trips coming!!

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Lol, dust cropping for the greenhouse and garages!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If I wanted to go to sleep I wouldn't have cared that Kyle was in my room : ) He did finally stay in the other room with his sibs.
    Karyn

16 years ago

Crabs do smell too so do crawfish. In LA we use to do crawfish boils and afterwards our outdoor trashcan really got to smelling b4 the trashman ever came to pick it up.

OMG F4F! I think our husbands would be best friends lol. Mine is completely crazy about fishing too. Once when I was in college, I came out to my car in the parking lot and I could smell something really *rank* as I was approaching my car. I noticed other students looking around and wrinkling thier noses as well! To my horror, I realized it was MY car that stunk and my 'dh' had left the icebox in the trunk with worms in it!! Man did it stink!! It took forever to get that smell out of my car.

• jeep461
    16 years ago

I loaned my beach house out to a relative. I was living in San Antonio so it was not used much. Just too busy trying to make a million. Told them to turn the breaker for hot water heater off. It was marked with orange paint. I went down there about 4 months later. Well they turned refrigerator and freeze off. We slept in a hotel and hired a man to come remove them both. It took 2 months of airing and cleaning to get the smell out. Spoiled seafood is the worst smell in the world. Now that I live on the coast I do not eat a lot of seafood. I guess I just ate too much when we 1st moved here. So now fish are cooked fresh that day and the rest given away or thrown back.

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

We had baked striper with hollandaise sauce for supper tonight, lol. We are supposed to go fishing tomorrow but I really have a lot I need to do so if he wants me to go he is going to have to give Monday off work. When my sons' father passed away someone went out there and shut off the breaker and he had a whole deep freeze and fridge full of stuff mostly wild game and fish go bad. When I found out what happened I had to pay someone to go haul them away and throw away the whole things too it smelled so bad. There is no getting that smell out of a freezer after it sits in the summer heat. Karyn, I hope you are enjoying yourself. Have fun!

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

ROTF Karyn - oops, sorry.

Oh bad seafood - that's just the worst. I was at the lake place and a friend next door, she was storing all the Walleye from the annual Canada trip all the guys take.

Well, one weekend, she comes down, she's opening, I wave and yell hi as she's bringing her stuff in, and - MAYBE - 30 seconds later - she comes crashing through the door and smashes right into the railing bending over - and empties her entire stomach over the railing.

Her breaker had blown - the fridge/freezer went out - and every single package of walleye and crappie had thawed.

When the breaker blew - it had been in the high 90s all week so you know inside the place must have hit 110.

We spent the entire weekend cleaning! Eeesh. . .needless to say - she doesn't store the fish for everyone anymore. (grin)

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

And it wasn't just the fish - she had bacon, lunch meat, pork chops, some sliced turkey, cheeses, etc., in there.

Quite the "unpleasant" situation. Oh man that was bad. . .real bad. . . .

• karmahappytoes
    16 years ago

Karyn1, how did last night go?? Any new stuff?? LOL

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm back home and did do some more shopping. I got bored at the meet and didn't feel like watching 50 heats of 500 and 1000 yard events so I cut out and went to a mall. This time it was all for me : ) At least we didn't get any messy weather, just rain so driving wasn't a problem. DH and Madi are still there because she's in a relay and qualified for today's finals. Jake ended up getting sick last night and is running a fever so I pulled him out of today's events and took him home with Kyle. It was great because all the kids on the team love Kyle and entertained him the whole time. He's like the team mascot and had 75 kids to play with! All I had to do was get him ready for bed.
    Karyn

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz