SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shortyhead

It was so hot in those days, and I was so busy that

shortyhead
16 years ago

I did not investigate why my supernova and creamsicle died at about 4 feet of height. They came in a 4 inch pot and were growing well in their 30 gallon pot,when their foliage started to droop. I gave them a LOT of water over the next week but no luck. I used a shovel handle to penetrate the soil in several spots, more water, no luck. Miracle grow, no luck.

The pots are sitting on concrete in front of my picture window in front of my house, which faces west, and they got hot and bright sun here in southern Mississippi. They were planted in MG potting soil and mostly got Osmocote fertilizer weekly, I don't know if these variables are important, since 3 others in 30 gallon pots, all planted in a row, north to south, now reach the roof of the house and bloom themselves to pieces.

The ones who are doing well are Charles Grimaldi, Frosty Pink, and Jamaica Yellow. Sometimes I wonder if CG and JY are actually different plants. I got them from a reliable and well thought-of dealer, but the blooms look exactly the same--yellow and pink.

I can use the help if you have some advice or suggestions.

In the spring do I need to get a white, other than supernova and to not get a creamsicle?

Thanks,

Jim

Comments (16)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio