SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeffi

yellow leaves on Ruby Grapefurit

9 years ago

Purchased from OSH in 2010, a four wind tree on semi dwarf rootstock, This Ruby Red Grapefruit went in the ground full of blooms and i let the 6 grapefruits grow and ripen. They were delicious, but, the tree did not grow at all and the leaves turned yellow. Also, it was a little crowded, and up against a neighbors fence and i thought the neighbor was perhaps overwatering in that zone, so i moved the tree into a large bed of it's own with loamy soil, and 3 inches of finished horse compost. It was sad for a long time and had yellow leaves. i tired collated iron zinc, epson salts, organic fertilizer, finally, i removed the yellow leaves and the tree bloomed and put out new leaves. this time i removed the blooms and let it grow a bit. it started looking great. big dark green leaves. then, quite suddenly, some of the leaves have turned yellow again. a couple of the leaves have some brown spots in the yellow area. the yellowing is not symmetrical and the leaves are not inclined to fall off. the tree shares a watering station with a cherry tree, a maple, some flowers, and some vegetables. because of the flowers i am running the soaker hose for 4 min each day, and another 7 every 3 days. is this a symptom of overwatering, a disease, or a mineral difficency? i have recently fertilized, added azamite, epson salts, and iron/zinc. i have not noticed that things are continuing to yellow so maybe it's going to be happy now. is there anything i can do that will turn the leaves green again or should i remove the yellowing leaves? any thoughts on what causes this?

Comments (5)