SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

My Citrus trees are quite happy in plastic pots, are yours?

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

I never thought I could grow any in plastic until I started using a very porous mix! I had given up on them and turned completely to clay for most of my citrus!

But what I have been discovering is that up here, when my nights get cold, winter approaches, or cooler weather is at hand, many of my trees seems to take the colder weather better in plastic.

Many of the plants I am about to show you were in clay not doing so well and they have grown remarkably well in plastic, because I can get away with it using using a 5.1.1 or gritty mix. Take a peek:-)

I am not saying that growing in plastic is best for all, and that it is the only thing making my trees happier, but it is a part for me , when it comes to my citrus in my much cooler climate area.

Remember, proper fertilization, MIX, vinegar, and temps has done wonders for me along with the change.

Still waiting on this one. It was doing horrible in clay until the past few weeks. I am hoping to see a remarkable turn around very soon. It is already showing signs of improvement.

{{gwi:597587}}

{{gwi:597590}}

Here is another Lemon Meyer doing FANTASTIC since the re pot from clay!

{{gwi:597591}}

{{gwi:597593}}

{{gwi:597595}}

Now others that have been coming strong!

{{gwi:597597}}

{{gwi:597599}}

{{gwi:597600}}

{{gwi:597603}}

{{gwi:597605}}

{{gwi:597607}}

This is my special sweet manderine, the one Patty speaks of and that Andrew loves, but, I can't remember the name at this moment.

{{gwi:597609}}

{{gwi:597610}}

Does anyone else here experience the same thing as I, especially with citrus that hate cold roots such as lime and lemon meyer?

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting