SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Well, here I am finally, in my usual Sunday pose. Got up early to feed the kids, er cats, and then went back to sleep. I suffer from sleep apnea, and it seems sometimes that my best sleep comes in the morning.

You know, I'm not really a huge fan of reality TV. I don't like The Amazing Race, and The Bachelor just creeps me out. So I ignored this genre, till I caught a couple of episodes of Ice Road Truckers - now this is my idea of reality TV. Then I tuned in early and got hooked on Ice Pilots NWT(it's on History Channel here, and National Geographic Channel in the US). Wowser!! That is amazing. Apparently, Canadian network TV agrees, too, cause they have created a new TV series, called Arctic Air. Now this may be a stretch for my American friends, but Adam Beach is the star - you may know him from Windtalkers, and from Law & Order - SVU. He's a great actor, and Canadian, to boot!! I love the old planes they use!!! I guess they are more reliable in the arctic. Speaking of old planes, George Lucas has just launched his new movie, Red Tails, about the Tuskegee Airmen. Now I had heard that name, but didn't really know who and what they were.....lots of old planes, and dog-fights!!

Which, takes me to one of the first movies we remember from Mr. Lucas, Star Wars. He has been accused of plagiarizing another war movie, though I think he prefers the phrase 'paying homage'. Anyone have a guess as to the name of that movie?

As always, I'll be back later with clues. Annette, our movie buff, will probably have this in one!!

Nancy.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH