SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adiro

Clematis ?wilt? in the sun

adiro
15 years ago

Hello,

I have a question, and sorry if it has been asked before, but I could not find an answer.

I planted several clematis and other flowers ( roses, lilies, dahlias) in the spring, just starting out a mini garden.

so all my flowers are young.

They all look good for half a day ( morning, when they are in shade) and as soon as they get some sun ( after 1pm) they all drop the leaves, and their one or two flowers drop too. Also, my climbing rose becomes limp, leaving all the heads down, and so are the dahlias. Only the lilies seem happy. The temperature is not even high ( about 25C/60F max). they do return to normal the next morning, only to do it again in the afternoon.

I dont know what to do with them. They are watered every morning and well mulched.

They all look like they are dying for the second half of the day, and I thought they liked the sun ( especially the roses...) Is this normal behaviour for young clematis? I've seen clems in people's yards that are in the sun all day long and they don;t do what mine are doing....

Please advise

Comments (8)