SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
syrinth

2 Clematis' in potential trouble

syrinth
15 years ago

ok so I have a niobe clematis bought a few weeks ago that was approximately 3 feet in height when unwound, I planted it in the front of my house beside a wall and it gets sun about 6-8 hours a day after noontime roughly. It was doing great at first, it's buds blooming and facing the sun and everything seemed to be fine but I began to notice the petals began to be eaten by something *well I assume they were being eaten, it looked like it.* Now, all of the flowers are dead and have no petals while a lot of the leaves are black or turning black. Any clue what the problem could be? I suspect that I may not have been watering enough for it to seep down deep into the ground but I'm not sure.

As for the other one, I have three Polish Spirit Clematis' in pots in my backyard where they get a fair amount of shade but some sunlight. when I was watering them today I noticed that one of the vines seemed to have fallen against the mulch. Moving it up out of the soil it basically popped off of the plant near the top of the soil, a very small piece is sticking above it. I'm not sure if I pulled it off or if it was already broken when I got there, I didn't hear a sound. Do you think it's dead or will it recover for next year?

All the plants have mulch around the roots and on top of the soil. Any information you guys can give would be very useful :)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths