SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning all!

I hope today finds everyone rested from a good night's sleep and happy to be alive. I have been feeling a tad grouchy lately-you former teachers can probably imagine why...too much paperwork and our starry-eyed kids always seem to forget all the rules about behavior this time of year. Can't imagine life without those shining faces, but at the same time...*sigh* Happily, we have two teacher workdays on Monday and Tuesday. One is work from home day (and yes, I really will be working, albeit in my pajamas!) and the other is a county-wide inservice day. I will be attending workshops on explosive students and how to de-escalate situations. Having been in the business so long, I usually find that there is little new in these presentations, but I am hopeful that I will come away with some new strategies. The funny thing is that my horoscope, which I rarely read, but which jumped off the page at me yesterday, talked about how it is my lot for the time being to always be doing for others. Hmmmm...

Anyway, your "Today in History" factoid is that today is the anniversary of the Challenger explosion and yesterday was the anniversary of the launchpad fire in 1967 that killed astronauts Gus Grissom, Ed White, and Roger Chaffee. A lot of us grew up during the dawn of the Space Age and I remember wishing that they let girls be astronauts, too. I can imagine little more soul-tingling than being in space and seeing Earth or all those millions of stars. Of course, since I lack the scientific mind that would have gotten me there, it really doesn't matter one way or the other. Good to dream though.

So, if you are still with me after all my ramblings,on to the trivia question...

What beast is fought by the man who shines brightly with Alnilam, Alnitak, and Mintaka?

Cynthia

Comments (26)

Sponsored