SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okflrgrl

'Scratching My Head' Clematis

okflrgrl
15 years ago

We moved to the north TX Panhandle almost 2 years ago. Since that time we have worked very hard getting a presentable yard...starting from nothing with a new home. We have planted about 15 Clematis last summer and this year. Last summer picked up 2 at Lowes that were labeled Fireworks and Carnaby. The one labeled Fireworks had a few white flowers this spring (obviously wrong label) and the other is the one that has me scratching my head!! Both grew very quickly and got over 6 feet tall in a few weeks, with probably 15-20 shoots. The other one (which is probably mislabeled also) has done nothing as far as buds or blooms. After quickly growing to the top of the trellis it has "flopped" over on itself and now has browning of the leaves underneath. Do I need patience or should there not be something happening with one that has grown this large, the first year? I have a Sweet Autumn also that is "eating" the entire trellis is on, but do not think "the Carnaby" is another SA.

Sorry I don't do pictures, but really nothing to see but a large clem that has NOT bloomed.

I so appreciate all the "wisdom" and information on this forum......Thanks to all of you. I look forward to learning something every day about the care and growing of clematis...my latest obsession.

Carolyn

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor