SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcsteg

Must have (All Blue) Picea pungens

dcsteg
15 years ago

Not a good day for photos (like 18F.)but I got a new camera and it was killing me not to use it. Not sure about all the setting but it is taking photos. I will critique it later.

Dave

Picea pungens 'Lundeby's Dwarf'.A rare form of Colorado Blue Spruce, it stays compact and provides an attractive mounding form that stays in scale, even in small urban and suburban gardens. Discovered by Lundeby Nursery in North Dakota.

{{gwi:636860}}

Picea pungens 'Blue Totem'. Limbs more up right with a narrower growth habit then Iseli 'Fastigiate'.

{{gwi:636861}}

Picea pungens 'Gentry's Gem'. A compact medium blue selection of Colorado spruce. Spreading or globose when young, broadly pyramidal with age.

{{gwi:636862}}

Picea pungens 'Globosa'.A dwarf compact blue spruce, indistinguishable from 'Montgomery.' To maintain the desired globose or spreading habit, prune out any upright or vigorous shoots.

{{gwi:636863}}

Picea pungens 'Prostrata Wells'. It Appears to be lighter in color than 'Glauca Procumbens' but with similar respect to form.

{{gwi:636864}}

Picea pungens 'The Blues'. A little guy but comming along. 4 year graft.

{{gwi:636865}}

Picea pungens 'Sester Dwarf'.Stunning blue needles, slow growth rate, and classic conical form make this dwarf spruce an ideal plant for the modern landscape. Only about one-fourth the growth of its larger parent, it is the perfect small form of Colorado Blue Spruce, and it requires little maintenance or pruning to keep its tidy shape.

{{gwi:636866}}

Picea pungens 'St.Mary's Broom'. A dwarf blue selection with relatively long, wide-angled needles for such a slow-growing plant. Slower growing than 'Montgomery.

{{gwi:636867}}

Picea pungens 'Donna's Rainbow'. Dwarf, dense,conical form has terminal shoots that stand straight up. It will be less then 3ft. high in 10 years and is spindly when young.

{{gwi:636869}}

Picea pungens 'Glauca Pendula'. Weeping or creeping, depending on training, irregular form, even when staked; branches become more pendulous as it matures; full sun; stake to desired height.

{{gwi:636871}}

Picea pungens 'Montgomery'. Another of the globe-shaped, compact blue spruces, similar to 'Globosa', growing into a broad, pyramid shape when mature.

{{gwi:636873}}

Picea pungens 'Glauca Procumbens'. Dwarf, somewhat flat, very irregular, slow spreading, some branches drooping some ascending, blue needles.

{{gwi:636875}}

Picea pungens 'Gerald's Dwarf Blue'.

{{gwi:636877}}

Picea pungens 'Hoopsii'. Long, thick, bright silver-blue needles give 'Hoopsi' its bluest of blue color. A superb, stately mature plant, uniformly staked to insure an attractive upright habit

{{gwi:636878}}

Picea pungens 'Mrs. Cesarini'. An attack of Bag Worms did some damage but new buds are set and it will be back. The only green pungens I have.

{{gwi:636879}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH