SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlezim_gw

the dwarf orange tree challenge- please help!

littlezim
16 years ago

I have inherited a dwarf orange tree that was originaly purchased in a test tube from disney world 20 years ago. It has been neglected for almost half of its life, and had no leaves when I "liberated" it. It is now a full bushy tree and after being pampered for about 4 seasons.

I was challenged by its orignal owner that if I could get it to bloom and fruit he would fly me to florida for a vacation. It has flowered and produced fruit once in its life. At the time the plant was not that healthy and had a lower nodal count then it does now. It get tons of sun and organic nutrition (replanted in fox farm each year).

I bring it in during the winter and predictably it becomes somewhat leggy. Being ignorant on the topic I traditionaly pruned it back. From what I have read I assume this affects its ability to flower by limiting the mature sexual capable tissue found near the crown, so I have have not touched it this year.

I think that is all the info I can supply, not sure what type of tree it is- I just know it is a super dwarf and was not suppose to get any bigger than 3-5 ft tall.

If anyone can give me anymore sage wisdom or advice I would be greatful!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths