SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

How do you re establish an older bare rooted potted jade?

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

I repotted a large Hummel Sunset that I got a few days ago, and have had some toruble with keeping it upright ever since. The jade it self was about 14 inches tall and 10 inches wide. The rootball is about 4 inches wide and 3 inches deep. The first pot it was in was 8 inches wide and 8 inches deep. The new pot is 10 inches wide and 12 inches deep. I used a metal wire that was bent to make an elongated u. I put that into the soil and tied a small but heavy hemp string around the support and the jade itself. I made a loop when I tied the jade so the string wouldn't put pressure on the jade itself. I will have to take a picture so everyone can see what I am describing.

I also have see nwhere it looks like people use bonsai wire to hold cuttings in when they have first potted them up. I am guessing that this would be the best way to hold the roots safely in to the soil? I don't have any Bonsai stores locally and to order it online would take more time. IS there something else I can use to secure the roots?

Andrew

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting