SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djkleen

Minneola Tangelo Tree Questions.

djkleen
10 years ago

Hello everyone.

I found this site via Google and I noticed it has tons of very informative users so I had some questions about the Minneola Tangelo tree and figured I would ask and see what people thought.

First of all, currently I don't have any citrus trees growing. I only have 1 newly planted apple tree. I buy Minneola Tangelos from the grocery store all the time and can only get them during the growing season so I figured I would try my luck at growing a Minneola tree.

I was wondering after I purchase one can I transplant the tree into a nice sized pot and keep it there? or does it need to be transplanted directly into my garden?

I also was wondering if Minneola trees were self pollinating or do I need another citrus tree to pollinate the Minneola? If so what kind of citrus tree would I need?mind you i'm from California(I don't know what kinds of citrus we can and cannot have)

I appreciate any advice given and I appreciate the time taken to help me out. I would really like to grow my own citrus because i'm pretty tired of spending an arm and a leg just to feed my citrus habit!! :P

Comments (10)