SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
argentcorvid

Weird Aloe Growth

16 years ago

I was given 2 Aloe plants, I believe they are Chinensis, due to white freckles and one of them sending up pups, even though it is less than a year old.

One of them has a really long stem. It looks like it's trying to crawl out of its pot, even though it has been getting close to 4 hours of direct sunlight in the morning and reflection from a nearby (40') white building the rest of the day. I understand that I could cut the stem off and replant, but how would I go about training it grow more like this (or even better, upright)?

the other one looks like it is making another stem at where one of the bottom leaves connects to the plant. how normal is this?

about how long does it take for an aloe to stop growing in one plane, and make a star shape (when seen from the top)?

these are pups off of the same plant, so maybe there's just something about that particular mother plant. although I didn't notice anything like that when I got them.

also, I'm pretty sure they are both under-potted, which might explain the one sending up pups already (they are almost as big as the original!). Can someone post a picture or link to a suitable pot?

Comment

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH