SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather5050

Help! Mold on my cut jade tree trunk!!

heather5050
15 years ago

I've had this wonderful jade tree for a few years. It is about four feet tall and is actually three large trunks all stemming from the same base which is just below the sandy soil. I noticed shriveled leaves a couple of months ago, particularly coming off of branches of one of the three trunks. I visited this forum and based on other jade advice figured I was overwatering and that the tree wasn't getting enough sun. I stopped watering so much and moved the tree to full sun. Next thing I knew, little branches began falling off of the same trunk. I again checked the forum for advice, and cut that rotting trunk down section by section with a sharp blade, hoping to get to healthy green. I cut all of the way down to the base that's just above the soil level, right where the sick trunk meets up with the other two trunks and was still getting brown. That was a week ago, and now the stump has molded over with scary-looking greenish-gray mold. I'm sure if I don't act fast, the rot will spread to the remaining two trunks, if it hasn't already, although those branches are sporting some new growth now that it's in full sun and I've laid off watering. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! I'd love to save this tree as it was pretty pricey and really was, at one time, quite beautiful.

Thanks!

Heather

Comments (3)