SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craziiicarl

Quick Question About Adjusting Water pH

11 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I have a potted meyer lemon and have read about adjusting the pH of the water/fertilizer mix to bring it down to about 6 ish (correct me if I'm wrong). I've finally got around to testing how much vinegar is needed in my water and its 2 Tablespoons. I don't know if its me but that seems like a little much per gallon. Is this too much or would it be still ok to use with the plant.
--
Thanks,
Carl

Oh also my tree wasn't very happy over the winter and lost all its leaves. They have just started to slowly come back but they are tinged with yellow and somewhat curled. It's planted in 5-1-1 mix and I've been making sure that the mix drys out almost complete before watering it again with water (from the bypass before the water softener that comes straight out of the ground) and a 1/4 teaspoon of Foliage Pro. Here's a picture. It's been outside most of the time for the past two weeks except when it rains. Since it doesn't have leaves I assumed it didn't need the extra water since its doesn't have as much area for transpiration to occur. Any advice to get it back to the beautiful state it was in last summer would be appreciated.

{{gwi:585727}}

Comments (9)