SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krismast

Hoping to try container citrus again

krismast
12 years ago

Hello everybody! This is my second time posting in the citrus forum. I tried growing a kaffir lime, that I bought at an asian grocery store, in a container in 2010. (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/citrus/msg0913310818600.html) It did great through the winter but by February the next year it just shriveled up and died. I am pretty sure that the original problem was wrong soil and me just not knowing what I was doing. :P

But my interest in these plants and has come back and I am hoping to have a much more successful experience the second time around! So my plan right now is I am thinking of buying a Kaffir Lime and an Improved Meyer Lemon from Four Winds, and planting in a 511 mix that will come inside during the winter.

First off, a couple of questions about the mix. What should I be looking for in the Pine bark? Any brands that I can look for that have been tested? My second question is about the peat. Are those green and white bails from premier usable? And what is this about Gypsum? (Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I do everything right!)

Thanks a lot!

Kristopher

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida