SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kumquat79

i think i'm killing my trees

kumquat79
16 years ago

my meyer lemon tree has some yellowing leaves falling from the bottom. the leaves turn completely yellow, not just the veins or anything like that. i repotted it about a week and a half ago in potting soil, perlite, and cedar mulch (more shredded than chipped), and i thought it was doing better at first, but the leaves are still turning yellow. it has 10-10-10 slow release fertilizer in the pot, and i fertilized with miracid (30-10-10) this past sunday. is that too much? the leaves were yellowing even before repotting.

my meiwa kumquat tree has lost about half its leaves since it was repotted - the same time as the lemon. starting from the bottom and inside, the leaves turned brown, but stayed soft, and then just fell off. even some green ones are falling. i cut off the browning twigs yesterday. it's potted in the same mixture as the lemon and was fertilized the same way. before i repotted it there were many beautiful blooms and tiny fruit. now the fruit has also turned brown, and never grew. i repotted the kumquat mostly because i had millipedes in the soil. but the soil in both trees seemed like it needed more drainage.

the satsuma mandarin is about the same as it was when i got it, and it's also getting the same treatment as the other two.

Comments (6)