SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenzie_pom

Grape fruits falling off tree

kenzie_pom
17 years ago

Hello Ya'll,

I have what I believe is a mature Valencia grapefruit tree. It is as tall as the eave on my two story house. The fruit is sweet with lots of seeds. It put out many flowers earlier this summer. I stopped counting blooms around 150+. The scent was narcotic.

Here is my question/ problem. I have inmature fruits falling off the tree. I do not see what appears to be an insect or fungal type problem on the fruits or leaves. I have not even seen the woolly white flies year. I have the tree on a regular water cycle. Plenty of light. I even put citrus fertilizer spikes out early this summer. The tree appears to be healthy to me. I am wondering if the tree is dropping fruits to provide energy for itself or if I need to be looking for a specific symptom. I do have squirrel issues. I have seen them on the tree. I have put out plastic owls to try to frighten them off. That seems to work a little.

I will get some pictures posted soon. I have some from last year in my gallery here. The second picture has a bit of the tree on the right hand side. The last picure has the tree on the left hand side.

Thank you for all you help and information.

Happy Growing,

Kenzie

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH