SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gottahosta

Please critique!

gottahosta
15 years ago

Lots of us are not very experienced brug growers, in that we have only been growing them for a 1-3 years (that includes me) but there are a few here that are very knowledgeable. (BTW, I like this brug seedling ALOT but my opinion don't count!!!)

I would like any experts to critique this brug, please!

This is the green-eyed orange brug, the Inca Sun x L'Amour seedling I grew out last year for another hybridizer. For most everybody, this is going to be a repeat of photos and info- sorry. Trying to compile all the info in one post.

It likes cool weather, and blooms then. In warm weather, the blossoms are not as orange and the tendrils don't flip back, like they do in the Fall. It is a medium size blossom. It did not get munched on much by insects but did get broadmites. It formed a nice little tree about 8' x 8'. It had about 20 bloosoms in June, then about 100 in September. The blossoms are horizonal/nodding, 9" x 7". Nice long tendrils. In September, they open orange and become deep orange by the second day. The blossoms have a baby powder scent, with a slight lemon cast to it. It is fertile both ways. It forms an aurea type seedpod that ripens in as little as 2.5 months.

Anything else?? You can tell that I'm a novice at this!!

The first photo is from June.

The rest are last month or early October.

{{gwi:502050}}

{{gwi:565690}}

{{gwi:548108}}

{{gwi:565684}}

{{gwi:544693}}

{{gwi:544695}}

{{gwi:565686}}

{{gwi:565687}}

{{gwi:565688}}

{{gwi:565689}}

{{gwi:548113}}

Comments (19)