SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

Heart broken .....

figara
14 years ago

I think I have a BLACK thumb when it comes to brug cuttings. I lost more than half of Brenda's cuttings :(

!!!Brenda, thank you so much!!! I was so happy when I received them and now I am crying. After I received them , I planted them (they had roots) in a pot, in a mixture of potting soil ,vermiculite and perlite. I water. Few weeks later the ordeal started and the cuttings were dying one after another. Yesterday I lost another one.

With one exception which started to rot from the top( I do understand this) all the others started to wrinkle ( I do not know a better word for it) from the soil level and the outer layer become soft at the touch ( this I do not understand !!). They were not watered too much (look at my other post and see why). The soil was moist. I put them out during the day and took them inside at night if the temperature was dropping under 50. During the day temperature was around 75 and I did not keep them in direct sun.

I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLE WRONG and I do not know what. Please enlighten me !!!!

Here are the pictures of the last cutting I lost.

There is no ROT on the cutting . The black part you see on the top is a shadow from the window.Look at the next picture to see.

{{gwi:566928}}

The skin is soft and the inside is still green ,no rot.

{{gwi:566930}}

The inner view.

{{gwi:566932}}

I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLE WRONG and I do not know what. Please enlighten me !!!!

Comments (11)