SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierquilt

One Hundred Pounds of Lemons - Yikes

Oh boy. This is why I only have 2 lemon trees, lol!! Both are semi-dwarf trees. They are the trees that were here when we bought the house. The only citrus tree that was recognizable was the Improved Meyer, and it was a little sad-looking. The other was a lemon because the previous owner did remember, but it looked pretty much dead and unrecognizable (did have some thorns, so I would have figured it to be a lemon). A little water on drip (really, more like a decent amount of regular watering), and some fertilizing and it came back. Still as yet unidentified, but thinking it's some Italian lemon variety, since the lemons are really gigantic (although not quite as big as a Ponderosa) and it's not super thorny, so that rules out a Lisbon. And the lemons are just much bigger than a Eureka. I thought you all would enjoy seeing all the lemons that we picked off the Meyer, and what that Meyer looks like after about 60 lbs. of lemons removed. The other 40 lbs. came off the other unidentified lemon tree. This Meyer is so prolific I cannot imagine having more than one tree. It's probably 5-6 years old or so. Here are three full bags of lovely Meyer lemons:

{{gwi:575467}}

Here's the Meyer lemon tree after all the lemons were picked:

{{gwi:575468}}

And the additional 40 lbs of regular lemons, variety still to be identified (with a handful of Moros tossed in):

{{gwi:575470}}

Guess it's time to pull out the Limoncello recipe!

Patty S.

Comments (22)