SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

Survey of Local Chain Stores

aezarien
15 years ago

After returning to Lowe's today for the first time since March I was quickly reminded of why we don't go there. The customer service at this store is usually extremely poor and the plants, well they leave much to be desired. Very rarely are there people who work there that know much about the plants. This is the second location that we have lived by where we have had this experience. I have found that Wal-mart is about the same and K-Mart's crispy plants can be seen from the road. I stopped in briefly just to see if the outside reflected what the inside looked like and it all actually looks worse up close and all their plants are in much worse shape than Lowe's plants which is something I thought was impossible. We don't have a Home Depot close to us. What is worse is that they seem to actually be more expensive than local nurseries that have absolutely beautiful plants and excellent customer service.

Although I have had some pretty awful experiences in this area I have to wonder if it is just that way here or do others have similar experiences at these chain stores?

The reason I am asking is because I am a big believer in letting the market take care of financial institutions. If they don't have good business ethics I don't complain, I find another place to shop. It's hard to tell with chain stores sometimes though. Sometimes it is just those particular stores. This area could benefit from a store that sells healthy plants and has decent customer service. We have a very small local nursery that is nice but the variety is limited and they only set up shop during the planting season. I am considering calling corporate regarding my incidents with this Lowe's but if this is a consistent problem across the board I am not even going to bother.

I apologize if I sound like I am complaining. I mean, I sort of am but not just to be heard. I would really be interested in hearing other people's opinions.

Thanks!

-Tina

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!