SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

You guys are so much fun....

moonie_57 (8 NC)
15 years ago

but I have questions! I had a blast last week with Brenda's newbie packages. And also found a few new friends in the process. Can't beat that! LOL

Now for some questions.

1. How can you tell the difference between a brug and a dat if it's not flowering or setting seed? As for the plant in question, I've seen it flowering but they were heavy and pointing downward. The reason I was assuming it is a dat is because it reseeds each year. It's a biiiig bush about 6 feet wide and a good 4 ft tall, plain ole pretty white blooms. I've only seen it once.

2. I'm wondering on how to keep cuttings. I do have a greenhouse but worry about fluctuating temperatures. Even vented, the daytime winter temps can reach 90 degrees, and sometimes the night temps fall into the 40's. I just can't afford to keep it at higher night-time temps.

3. So, in determining whether to keep them indoors or in the GH, should I keep cuttings in water, or pot them up?

4. Concerning dats... someone offered to let me dig up some of their smaller plants this fall. I've only seen this bush once and didn't notice the smaller plants around it???? But, would that be better, or would taking cuttings be better?

5. And, most importantly, can I expect flowers next year from brug cuttings and will they have enough growth to share cuttings? :)

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012